Pages

Helpful Comments on All4JDs

http://www.all4jds.com/Group/tabid/332/asg/16/aft/16338/showtab/groupforums/Default.aspx#44350

The way i did (and since the Q book has extra space) where I would recognize the law they are testing and specific rule, I would write the buzz words on the extra space- like IIED- intent, causation, etc. Then would ttry to match the elements to the correct answer. I know this sound like a lot of work, but it is not, once you do it once or twice you will get into the habit and will recognize the elements in one of the 4 answers.
http://www.all4jds.com/Group/tabid/332/asg/16/aft/16346/showtab/groupforums/Default.aspx#44469

When I practiced I read essays for 5-15 minutes then I tried to come up with a quick outline after issue spotting. I limited this to a combined 20 minutes giving me 40 more to write. Then, after reading and outlining, I read the model answer and copied the answer verbatim sometimes once or twice. A friend of mine did the same, but she didn't even outline. She read, issues spotted, and only copied the rules and she passed on the first try.

I found that the more I copied, the more I became familiar with the law. Also, I am tactile kinesthetic, so writing has a tremendous learning value for me. Eventually, my rule statements and outlines started to morph into something closer to what was in the model answers. 
http://www.all4jds.com/Group/tabid/332/asg/16/aft/16348/showtab/groupforums/Default.aspx#44432
 At the end of the day, you just have to utilize every spare second you have, and when you do have spare time, you give your undivided attention to the task at hand. You could have 8 hours a day to study, but if you waste it by doing things you are comfortable with(I hated multiple choice questions, so it would be easier for me to just answer essays all day) or by looking at ESPN.com (guilty of this), you are wasting your time. Do the stuff you hate, and do it again until you conquer it. I absolutely detest multiple choice questions, the whole choosing between the "better" and the "best" answers. But, I did as many as I could, receiving embarrassing scores on the practice q's, but I kept doin them.
 http://www.all4jds.com/Group/tabid/332/asg/16/aft/16331/showtab/groupforums/Default.aspx#44465
First learn the six core subjects for the MBE. I found learning them (memorizing the rules of law and how to apply them) was the key to passing. Almost all of the other subjects branch out from this core.
You still have to hit the outlines hard during each subjects' week as you can't just learn random Conlaw rules by answering the MBE questions. You need a framework that you can use to organize, contextualize, and on the exam utilize. This is especially true for essays. There are just some things you have to know backwards and forwards so that on the day you are almost programmatically putting it to use on the essays and/or MBE questions. 

0 notes: